Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Bon soir" --good evening

First evening in Paris, I'm feeling slightly discombobulated. The streets aren't straight, and we got quite lost on the way to the apartment *home* this evening.

First impressions of Parisians-- there was graffiti everywhere on the train ride into the city (like it's not controlled much).

Parents are very allowing of children to be outspoken--the light in babies faces is very different from USA babies-- parents allow the kids to be more determined--it's very hard to describe this difference.

There are many subtle language differences as well but I don't have command of the language so I digress. It seems to express similar ideas to our language but it does so in a way that is unique to being French.

I love it here.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly you can fall in love with a place? Gordon and I fell head-over-heels for Japan the first morning we awoke in Osaka (even before breakfast!).

Keep on having fun!

Sean Benson said...

I've Arrived! Walking up the Champs-Elysses this evening I finally got that feeling of being HERE right now. Thanks for reading!